Saturday, October 12, 2013

NICU Care Packages 2013

It's almost that time again! I went back and forth about whether we would be able to do them this year, with 2 little boys requiring lots of attention and limited resources financially on my end.

BUT, I think I would just be totally bummed to not be able to do them again this year. So, we'll make it work! We have been so incredibly blessed by all the support for this project and there's absolutely NO way we could do it without our family, friends and even strangers.

So I'm going to do a little thinking out loud here for myself. I still want to make sure every family gets a hat and blanket (new - knit, crochet, or sewn or store bought). As far as the things for parents I think we will shave down the list a little and do:

- Hand sanitizer
- Lotion
- Granola bars/protein bars
- Candy
- Chapstick
- Vitamin C drops/Emergen-C
- Small children's books (we loved reading to Cohen, it felt like it was one of the only things we could "do")

I would also like to still send a few bags for parents in need (preemie clothes, diapers, wipes, small new baby toys, hand sanitizer).

Whew! That's my brain for now. I'm getting excited to be doing this again, it has been a wonderful way to give back to our NICU.

You can see our past years here and here

No comments:

Post a Comment