Thursday, October 11, 2012

Day 11: Supportive Family/Friends

Day 11. Supportive Friends/Family Who has been there for you?

If you've been around here long, you know that we have incredibly supportive family. If I don't say that enough, shame on me. They are wonderful and amazing. We aren't perfect by any means, but we are here for each other.

My mom and sister had their bags packed for the moment I called them and told them it was time for the boys to be born. That night I made the phone call to them I was so relieved that they were coming down. I am so grateful that my mom and my sister Karen got to meet Carter. I will never, ever regret them coming down and getting to meet him. I wish our whole families had gotten to meet him, but it just wasn't realistic at the time.


 Our family has always treated Carter like a real person and has never once made me feel pressured to move on or get over it. And I appreciate that more than any words can ever express. They take flowers and balloons to his grave, they bring Christmas presents for him and remember him in their own little ways and it brings joy to my heart that he is remembered. They have helped us walk this journey and there's no way we could have done it without them. My mom stayed with me in the hospital every.single.night that Danny couldn't be there. My dad took time off after the boys were born to stay down in Seattle with us. Our family made the arrangements for Carter's burial and took care of Carter's headstone. We are so incredibly grateful for each and every one of you! (Danny's parents are a little more camera shy so we don't have many pictures of them)

 {My mom's tattoo - Carter Garen, Forever Loved}

Our friends have also been very supportive. We were the first of our close friends to have children so it was a bit of uncharted territory. A situation like this truly teaches you who your true friends are -- the ones who keep calling, and keep asking, and keep remembering. We are so thankful for our friends and our new friends we've made along the way. Thank you for laughing with us, crying with us, being silent with us, for checking on us, and for giving us grace.



We couldn't have asked for better support from our family, old friends, new friends, church family, and "strangers". This blog has also been a huge support and we are so thankful for all of our friends here as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment