Friday, October 19, 2012

Capture Your Grief: Days 17 & 18

Eek, I keep getting a little behind on this project, but here are a few catch up days. 

Day 17. Anniversary/Birthday/Due Dates Share a photo of what you did for your baby/ies/child/rens special day. Did you hide away in bed? Did you have a cake? Did you have a party? What did you do?
 
 For the boys' first birthday, we took balloons and cupcakes to Carter's grave. I read two letters that I had written to the boys and then we let some balloons go. You can read more about it here.

Day 18. Your Family Portrait Take a photo of you with your family, work out a way to incorporate your baby/ies/child/ren who are no longer physically with you anymore. You could hold up photos of them or even just hold their names with you. What does your family look like now? Is it just you left here? Do you have a large family? Is it just you and your partner?

Sadly, this is probably our last whole "family" picture. We went to Maui in March 2011, I was almost 4 months pregnant. In a way it makes me sad to look back at these pictures. We had no idea that in 10 weeks our boys would be born.


 One of my greatest regrets has always been that we never got to get a picture of our boys together. We have pictures of us with Carter and us with Cohen, but none of our boys together. But I am so thankful for the pictures that we do have of this little part of our family.




1 comment:

  1. Love all of your beautiful pictures! Teeny Tears is indeed amazing I still really want to make some. It must of been so hard to lose Carter while Cohen was so sick. I can not imagine all the emotions you went through during that time. I adore the kissing picture of you guys with Cater it is so very sweet and intimate.

    ReplyDelete