Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Day 2: Self Portrait Before Loss

I found this "Capture Your Grief" project as part of October's Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness month. Feel free to join in, or just read along.

This is me when I was 19 weeks along. This is the last picture I have of me that I don't have horrible (seriously) bedhead from being on bedrest or where I'm not in the hospital. I really don't have very many pictures of me pregnant. Many of the ones I do have I either just rolled out of bed or you can see that I really didn't want my picture taken, we just did it because it's something pregnant people are supposed to do.
 


I also want to share this picture, this is one of the few pictures we have before things started to go wrong. This was part of a very short time in the before stage where we weren't terrified for our boys. This was the day we found out we were having TWINS, I'm glad I have this picture to remember the joy we felt on that day.


3 comments:

  1. I remember both those days like it was yesterday. I remember taking the pictures in the hospital. It was what you did, but yet so bizarre. Only now I realize loading up into an ambulance is not normal. Pictures of before and after amnio reduction. Words I never knew before, yet so happy you could breathe and eat. That whole trip of weird and our "normal". Trying to be good and normal mom, while they told you all the awful possibilities. Having no one to call who understood. Makes me cry and cry, when I stupidly thought I was done. I love you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both these are so sweet I love them. I look forward to seeing your picture this month :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's wonderful that you have these photos. You both look so happy in the bottom one.

    ReplyDelete