Friday, October 19, 2012

Capture Your Grief: Day 19 & 20

I am combining these two because they kind of go hand in hand.

Day 19. Project Have you worked on any projects inspired by your loss? They could be anything from an art project to organizing memory boxes for a hospital. If you have not yet done a project you could share something that you would like to work on.
Day 20. Charity/Organization Share your favourite charity or organization that has touched your heart on this road of grief. If you don’t have a photograph to share, just simply post the link to their website!

I bet you can guess what my project is. Yep, Teeny Tears!!  I can't even begin to explain how healing this project has been for me. In case you haven't heard about it, it's a group of volunteers all over the US (and beyond) that help out with some or all of the process of making tiny flannel diapers. The teeny diapers come in 2 sizes and fit babies 18-32 weeks. I would have loved to pick out and put a diaper on Carter. My hope in doing this project is that grieving parents feel the love of someone else who has been there. I hope they feel that their babies are valued and treasured. And I hope it provides them even the tiniest amount of hope and comfort. That is my prayer.


I have felt so loved and supported by all of our friends and family who continually help out with the diapers. There's no way I could do it without you all!!! With just our little group, we have donated 1350 diapers to various local hospitals, organizations, and NILMDTS photographers. And we have another 500+ in the works.

And my favorite charities/organizations are Teeny Tears and NILMDTS. So it all works out pretty well.

No comments:

Post a Comment