Monday, October 8, 2012

Sleeplessness, Sickness, and Sensory Time

I'm in a bit of a funk. Maybe it's the fact that over the weekend Cohen didn't sleep more than 30 minutes at a time without waking up crying. All.night.long. Poor little fellow wasn't feeling good and couldn't sleep. We took him in to the doctor and other than a little cold, it didn't seem like there was anything else wrong. Finally, last night he SLEPT! I have a new sympathy for parents whose kids don't enjoy sleep as much as mine. We have been so lucky to have a baby who sleeps through the night quite easily. That's why we were so worried that something was wrong with him because he has always been a great sleeper. I will say I enjoyed my snuggle time though as Cohen is totally not a snuggly baby. When it's sleep time, it's sleep time. But we did get some cuddles during the wee hours of the night in the recliner chair.

 {I should have known something was up when he fell asleep on our walk the day before...that NEVER happens}

We spent all weekend at home, wiping snot and walking around with a baby clinging to our legs. I'm incredibly thankful that he is back to sleeping and hoping this cold goes away quickly. Welcome cold and flu season! Ugh....I was SO happy that he finally decided to sleep that I took several pictures. But don't be fooled, these were the first times that he slept in two days.

{On the way to the Drs office}

 {Exhausted}

And, in my efforts to not give my child anything but the best opportunities for learning, Cohen did some sensory activities last week. Do you ever feel like Pinterest has made you feel like a failure of a parent for not constantly doing awesome crafts and providing ever changing sensory learning opportunties for your child? I do. Anyway, I was trying to get some stuff done in the kitchen so Cohen sat in his chair and learned about different types of pasta. It was the best I could do! And by the way, this idea is totally going on pinterest :)

{Does he look smarter yet??}

 {Then we moved to flour...it bought me like half an hour!!}


3 comments:

  1. SO sorry he has been sick sleepless nights are soooo hard. The flour is a good idea i will try that with Joseph when I need thirty minutes:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. pinterest is such an insult sometimes isn't it? I mean it's great...but it does make you feel inadequate sometimes! I hope everyone gets some good rest...I do love those snotty snuggles too.

    ReplyDelete