Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Community & Waves of Light


It was both beautiful and heartbreaking to see all of the candles for little ones on facebook and blogs yesterday. So many little lives gone far too soon but so wonderful to see all the support for these babies and their families. It's nice to have them acknowledged.

Day 14. Community Our community is so amazing, but with that being said, none of us want to be a member. Share a photo of a community gathering or event that you have attended.

I have to say that my "community" outside of my family, has been found mostly online. There are some parents that are local and that I have met with, but I have come into contact with most of them because of the blog or on facebook somehow. There is an amazing community of parents out there. Parents who I am free to be myself with, whether I'm having a good day or a bad day, they get it. 


Day 15. WAVE of LIGHT Today is October 15th Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day. Light a candle at 7pm to help create a continuous wave of light around the world for 24 hours. Photograph your light!There were people around the world lighting candles at 7 pm to create a "wave of light". Here is our candle that we lit for Carter and his friends.


Day 16. Release Balloons, lanterns, butterflies, doves.

As I have mentioned before, releasing balloons has kind of been our thing for Carter. On the 4th of July, there were some lanterns released and they were so beautiful and I would like to do that for Carter one day. Maybe on his next birthday.


And speaking of balloons, I just wanted to share this real quick. I was sitting at the computer yesterday and I looked out into our yard and saw a balloon sitting right by the stairs. I thought it was a little weird, so I asked my mom if she had dropped off a balloon. She said she had so I asked her why she left it in the back yard. Turns out she had tied it to one of the pumpkins on our front stairs. I just have this picture in my head of Carter carrying that balloon around the house and putting it in the back yard where he knew I would see it. Such a sweet boy, saying "hi" to his mom.

And lastly, we have a guest post today over at Life After NICU about finding hope in grief. Go check it out

1 comment: