Monday, May 7, 2012

March for Babies Pre Party

First of all, thank you SO much to everyone who donated. Our team raised around $2200 which is amazing! All of the money goes to the March of Dimes who helps fund research to help prevent prematurity and also lifesaving treatments for babies born too early.

Second, thanks to everyone who came to walk with us. We had a really fun day and it was really cool to be a part of the March for Babies. I wasn't exactly sure what to expect so we were a little disorganized. But, now we know and next year will be even better.

We drove to Seattle on Friday in hopes of making our lives a little easier. Otherwise we would have had to get up around 5 am to be in Seattle by 8. In case you don't know, I am not a morning person. Instead, we lollygagged our way down after Danny got off work. We stopped by the UW, the hospital our boys were born at, to drop off a delivery of Teeny Tears diapers for their labor and delivery unit. Of course we had to swing by the NICU and see a few of our friends.

 {40 sets of diapers for UW Labor and Delivery}

 {I have no clue why this picture won't go the other way, I tried everything...diapers and angel wraps for UW}

 {Cohen's friends Claire and Christy}

From there, we went down to the hospital I worked at in Renton and introduced Cohen to some of my old nurse coworkers. These ladies were my "moms" for 2 years when I was a baby nurse. I was hired in the PACU right out of nursing school and they took me in and taught me so much. One of the nurses was off that day so we waited around for a little bit for her to get there so she could see Cohen. I was so glad we did, it was so wonderful to see her (hi Cathy!) A few of the anesthesiologists who had been keeping up with our story even came in to see him. I'm really sad I didn't take any pictures of Cohen and the nurses.

{Playing in the cafeteria while we waited}

{Looking at the fishies}

After that we were tired and hungry so we drove to check in at our hotel. We had to use one of those carts to get all our luggage up to our room, you would think we were moving in for a week. I can take credit for most of it. I packed Cohen way too much. We ordered pizza delivery and ate in our rooms. By then we were exhausted so we put Cohen to bed in his pack n play and he went right to sleep. My mom stayed in our room with us, just like the good ole days at the home (the hotel we lived in for 4+ months). At least this time we had queen beds instead of rock hard twin beds. My sister and her family also drove down Friday and stayed in the room next to us. We somehow managed to fit 9 people in 2 rooms. My mom and I turned in early and watched Jeopardy before going to bed. Danny went out with Karen and company for second dinner.

This is getting long, so I will split it up into two (or three?) parts...


  1. SO sweet I want to do a teeny tear and blanket donation also :)

    1. Awesome! Let me know how I can help :)