Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter Weekend - Sunday

Easter morning! He is risen! I had been looking forward to Sunday all weekend. This was a very special Easter for us. We were finally bringing Cohen to church for the first time. I had left a little Easter basket for Danny on the couch the night before. I woke up in the morning with Cohen and came out to the couch to see Easter baskets. Danny has been making me an Easter basket every year since we started dating. I thought he had forgotten/been too busy with his wisdom teeth and all, but nope. He remembered. And it made me very happy. I love that he does this every year and this year he made one for Cohen, too. So, I let Cohen dig through his basket and took a few pictures.



I decided not to get Cohen or I dressed until right before we left so that he wouldn't ruin either of our outfits. I had a small moment when I realized that I didn't even know how to take a baby to church! Do I bring his carseat? Do I bring his toys? What if cries? Or burps? Or starts doing his poop grunt? I ended up packing him a small bag, a blanket to swaddle him if he got too wild, and his carseat because we can cover it and sometimes we can get him to go to sleep in there. 

 {This was the best family picture we got...not used to that thing they call "the sun"}

Gramma and Grampa decided to come to our church with us since it was a big day for the little man. We got to church early to claim a spot in the last row where I could sneak out if with Cohen if I needed to. I wasn't quite sure how Cohen would do because he's been a little wild the last couple days with all the activity. We played his calming CD for him before we left which seemed to help a little. I had told our pastor's wife that we would be bringing Cohen on Easter Sunday. She told our pastor who said he was going to announce that we were there. I figured he would forget, but sure enough they announced that we were there with Cohen for the first time and then made us stand up so people could see Cohen. Our pastor gave a brief little overview of what had happened, that Cohen was born at 1 lb 8 oz (which is always so shocking to hear) and that we had lost his twin brother. They also gave us a rose which was really special. Unfortunately, I forgot the rose at church and didn't realize it till we got home. Danny tried to go back for it, but everyone must have left in a hurry for their Easter lunches! 


 Anyway, Cohen made through the first part of church before he was just getting too wiggly and I had to take him out. We walked around the church a little and then sat on a pew right outside the sanctuary where we could still hear things going on but where less people could hear Cohen's babbling and loud sigh/yawning. After awhile Gramma came out and relieved me and I went back to the service. It was so good to have him there and we got to show him off to a few people. Even though it was his naptime, Cohen refused to sleep so we were sure he would take a nice, long nap when we got home. Nope. He slept for 45 minutes and then was up. 

{Gramma and Grampa in the back with Cohen}

We went over to my parent's for Easter dinner and birthday cake for my nephews and my brother. My mom always gets a balloon for Carter at each holiday so we can remember him. We took it outside to let it go. They always blow in the direction of our house :)

{Excited to send his brother a balloon}

  {Getting ready to let it go...}

 {There it goes, over to our house. We love you Carter!}



3 comments:

  1. I love your blog Jana, I know I tell you often, but I cant help it! I love Cohen's little outfits, I love your family, I love that you were able to go to church with him for the first time!! We continue to pray for you daily, and I cant wait to see you guys again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you do ballons on holidays for Carter. What a wonderful tribute. And it will be so nice for Cohen once he is old enough to understand.

    Happy Easter. Glad you made it to church as a family and how nice that you all were recognized.

    ReplyDelete