Friday, September 30, 2011

Cohen's Turn

Hi Everybody,
Cohen here...my mom has a really busy weekend trying to get everything done. She is really hoping I get to come home soon so she wants to get as much done as she can. She said something about some people coming over to help her clean the house and my room for me. Mom says she is bringing my car seat down with her tomorrow so she is ready to take me and run when they tell me I get to go. I love all my nurses but I hope I don't have to stay here too much longer. Mom says I have a fun room at home and I want to go see it.

I haven't seen my mom for a few days, she said she went to some place called "work"? I don't think I've ever been there before though. Luckily, my Gramma was nice enough to come down and spend a few days holding me and keeping me company. Gramma helped me Skype Mom because she said she was really missing me.

Those people called nurses came in and poked my foot today to check my labs. They said everything looked good on my new oxygen settings. I am so glad to be off of that pesky high flow. It made me get a lot of water up my nose because the tubing always had water in it from the humidifier. Good news though, since I'm doing well on my breathing I get to start breastfeeding for real tomorrow. None of this dry breast stuff anymore. I have been waiting a really long time to eat like a real baby and I LOVE to eat. I think I get that from my daddy. My nurse weighed me today and I am 8 lbs 6 oz! I think I have already passed some of your guesses of how much I would weigh when I get to go home. I'll do my best to not pass up all of your guesses! Well, it's past my bedtime and I have some chatting to do with my nurses before bed. Talk to you all later,
Cohen

4 comments:

  1. This is so cute, He is getting to be so big!!! Yay for breast feeding!!! Let the bonding begin!!!
    Deanna T.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh oh! You are going to have to pack up and head home SOON if you are going to be 8 lbs 12 ounces when you leave, since that was my guess and I am SURE I'm going to win. The prize is a cuddle with you, right Mr. C? You are one super special little boy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even though I hate losing, I hope you get to go home before you weigh 9lb 14oz!!
    <3 Bridget

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Cohen, for such a great exciting letter! So happy to hear you are doing good. God is very good and he has a special plan for your life. You hang in there and praying you can go home soon to your new room, and new home. Eat good for mommy so you can keep on growing. You are bigger now than my first little baby who was born 29 yrs. ago at 8lbs. 1/2 oz. You keep it up so you can use those muscles for God's glory! (and maybe someday, take your Dad down in some good 'ol home wrestling) Hehe! My guess for going home... 8lbs. 10 oz.
    Kathy D.

    ReplyDelete