Monday, July 25, 2011

Sick Day

I came home yesterday afternoon with Danny. I had planned on going back today, but since I have this cold I decided just to stay home since I can't go to the hospital anyway. I have been calling a thousand few times a day to check on Cohen. He is doing fine, the Drs are going to talk to his friends in Infectious Disease (ID) to see if they should treat his bacteria or not. Yesterday I was talking to his nurse on the phone who said "You know, this bacteria really isn't one we see in here very often"...What a surprise! :) They haven't sounded too concerned about it because Cohen isn't acting sick. They are keeping a really close eye on him and if anything changes with him then they would be more aggressive about treating it. Since it was a slow growing bug (the culture was from the 20th), his Drs think he would have been sick already if it was going to affect him. I think Cohen should get a discount on his hospital stay for providing the doctors and residents all these wonderful learning opportunities of "things they don't see very often/ever".

We are STILL trying to figure out all of our insurance stuff. We seem to be hitting a lot of brick walls. I guess it's a good thing I have been at home sick because I spent all day Friday morning and all morning today trying to make phone calls to figure this stuff out between my insurance, Danny's insurance, and the social worker about the state insurance. Ugh. We are trying to be responsible and not just rely on the state insurance (which only lasts 6 months to a year anyway), but the COBRA from my insurance is pricey and Danny's insurance says they don't cover someone who has secondary insurance. It's a mess...

And, just a little story so you know the state of our lives lately. We came home yesterday afternoon and both  had to use the bathroom after our 2 hour drive. I was heading into the bathroom while Danny yelled from the other bathroom that we had no toilet paper. Anywhere. In the entire house. We also had no kleenexes. Anywhere. In the entire house. Not one square. I texted my sister and drove over to her house. They were gone and all the doors were locked. Not even a screen door open! So then, I drove down the street to my brother's house (the joys of living within 5 minutes of your entire family), knocked, ran in and yelled to see if anybody was home as I was running to their bathroom. I didn't get a response so I figured they must be gone too. While I was in there, I also grabbed one of their extra rolls to take home. When I opened the door my nephew was standing in the hallway looking at me like I was crazy coming out of his bathroom and holding a roll of toilet paper to take home. We later went over to their house for a BBQ and my sister in law sent us home with 2 more rolls AND a box of kleenex. Thank goodness for family! :) Our lives have been a little crazy lately. Sometimes you just have to find something to laugh at and this was it for me. And, sometimes you just have to take a sick day and lay on the couch with your kitty and try to take a little break from the cleaning, the bills, and everything else that needs to get done. Which I will hopefully get to do later today.

I am so thankful for this cute little boy. He always makes me feel better! Here are two videos of Cohen and his binky, because I couldn't decide which one was cuter. (There is a weird glare on him because I was taking them from the outside of his isolette)

3 comments:

  1. I don't think I could have picked which one is cuter either! Love it!
    Auntie Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey you Mr. Cohen! You are a rockstar with all that hand movement and finger dexterity. Woo hoo! Thanks for the update. He's too precious for words. How amazing when the grown up sized finger comes in and you realise how TINY the baby is in comparison.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is sooo precious!!! I love his little fingers and hands!

    ReplyDelete