Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Almost There...

Only 2 more days to 24 weeks!!! I know we had the negative FFN test which is definitely good news, but I will be so glad to actually see the 24 week mark come and go. The resident who delivered my negative test news had mentioned the "home" word in passing, but when my regular doctor came to see me yesterday she said that was a no go. They want to keep me here so they can continue me on the ibuprofen and keep up with monitoring babies fluids and my cervix. They also want me here so that if they feel like its time to give me steroids (to help the babies lungs in case they are born) that I am already here and they can give them to me right away. The steroids have to be in my system for 48 hours to be effective and they lose the benefit of having them after 2 weeks if the babies aren't born yet so it's an important timing thing.
They weighed me yesterday and I have gained 5 lbs since being here!! They told me my jobs were resting and eating, so I guess I'm doing an okay job! The babies weighed in at 500 grams, or just over a pound each.
Yesterday was an uneventful day for the most part, which is okay with me. My mom has been here with me and I have had some friends in and out to visit which helps pass my days a little quicker. My breakfast has arrived so I am off to feed these boys and fatten them up some more!

1 comment:

  1. Good news. I am glad that you are staying in the hospital too. The three of you need to be where you can be closely watched at all times. Do your jobs well. Eat, Rest, and grow the boys. Agape love, Bon

    ReplyDelete