Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Walking

Walking has kind of always been our thing. We took our first walk with Cohen while he was still in the NICU. I begged and pleaded with the staff to let us out! And they let us! We got to take Cohen out of the NICU for the first time in his life when he was 4 months old. I held him in a wheelchair and Danny pushed us around. When we got down to the main lobby (it was deserted, it was a weekend), I got out of the chair and we just walked. We were thrilled to be walking because it was the only "normal" thing we could do.


When Cohen came home in the fall we couldn't really go anywhere as we were supposed to keep Cohen away from germs. But we could walk. We finally got to put his stroller to use and we walked and walked and walked. We walked in the sun, rain and even some snow.





For the most part, Cohen is so happy in his stroller and I think it's because of all the walking we have done. It's his comfortable, happy place. When he gets fussy and restless or overwhelmed, we walk. Sometimes we take 2 or 3 walks a day. Cohen is always calm and just babbles away. I love to hear his little voice and watch him look around at the great big world around him. The world we weren't sure if he would ever get to see. And so, I will gladly take Cohen on 10,000 more walks because it's our together time and it makes us both happy. It's our time of calm in our crazy world.


We have walked through a lot together as a family. And we are going to keep on walking. Thank you for all the kind comments on the anger post. I am thankful that I have somewhere that I can express the feelings that come with our journey and I appreciate all the support. I know it's just a season and we will get through it.

{Doesn't he just melt your heart?}

{I'm pretty proud of his pants, I made them!}

No comments:

Post a Comment