Thursday, December 8, 2011

The Stockings are Stuffed

We finally stuffed the stockings last night and we made....47 stockings/gift bags (our original goal was 15)! Amazing! Thank you all SO, SO much for helping out with this project. I wouldn't have been able to do this without all of your help.

Lots of you have asked about the actual delivery of the stockings and we are planning on doing that next week. We were going to take them in closer to Christmas, but as I mentioned before we are trying to make this year as simple and stress free as possible. This has been a really fun project but I am ready to pass them into the next hands.





Also, when we go down we will not personally be delivering them to each family. There are a few reasons for this. First, I want to make this as easy as possible for the NICU staff, I don't want to add another thing to their already large workloads. In order for us to deliver them they would have to go around and ask each family if we could be their "guest" in order to give them a stocking. That sounds like a lot of work for them. The other reason, and I'm not sure if this will make sense but I will still try to explain it, is that I just want the families to get a little gift without any strings attached without them feeling like they have to thank us. We were given so much that we will never be able to thank everyone for or repay. This is a way that I can kind of say thank you to all of those who have supported us by hopefully helping someone else out.


{All finished}

7 comments:

  1. WOW! What a huge project this turned out to be!

    You have such a beautiful heart, this project is going to bless many families I'm sure.

    *hugs* Now go relax! I can't wait to hear all about Cohen's first Chrsitmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! You are an amazing woman of God! I love you Jana!
    <3 Christine

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are awesome Christine. I love You Aunt Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have gotten alot of help this last years from alot of people and organizations, It felt good to be able to be on the other side and help someone else for a change! Cohen and Carter have a good mommy and daddy who with everything thats happened has still found time to give back and help some one else!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW 47 How cool is that. It makes lots of sense to me that you aren't the ones to deliver the stockings. I besides the reasons you said, also just being there that long can be stressful for you, I'm sure. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and holiday season. You are in my prayers. Agape, Bonnie VanFossen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome!! They are going to feel so blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful. What a neat thing. If I was a mom with a baby in the NICU, I would love that! Very thoughtful. God Bless you and your little family too!

    ReplyDelete