Thursday, June 28, 2012

Really Random

This post is incredibly random and none of these things have to do with each other, just some things I've been thinking about.

I have the book "Why Do Bad Things Happen to Good People?" book sitting on my bookshelf and every time I see it I just want to throw it out the window. I'm not really sure why. It just irritates me.

For some reason I just haven't been able to let go of not being able to thank all of the people who have done so much for us over the last year. I just feel like it's unfinished business even thought there's no way I could ever track everyone down and thank them but it's still driving me nuts.

Cohen has some pretty good scars on his back from his skin infection. I know that a lot of preemie moms are proud of their baby's scars, but Cohen's make me a little bit sad. Around the age of 4 or 5, parts of my skin started to lose their color. Eventually, I was diagnosed with vitiligo. It's an autoimmune skin disease where your body attacks the pigment (what makes your skin color) cells in your body. I had large white patches of skin on my legs, elbows, and belly. People would constantly stare at my legs and ask what happened, if I'd been burned, or if I'd been painting (it really did look like I had just knelt in white paint). Anyway, I got made fun of and stared at a lot and got called things like "cow girl" and other mean things. I survived and I'm fine, but I just don't like the thought of Cohen getting made fun of for something he had no control over and could have cost him his life.


Lastly, I don't know when my tiny baby turned into a not so little baby. Some days I look at him and he just looks so grown up and I can't believe it. We are just smitten with this little boy (if you haven't noticed) and sometimes I just can't believe how much I really love him.

Ok, one more thing. Our microwave is broken and I think it's pretty safe to say that we have no clue how to fix it (or even what's wrong). Maybe we could just do without? The shelf space would be kind of nice...

No comments:

Post a Comment