Monday, January 28, 2013

20 Weeks - Halfway!

20 weeks is here! We are halfway through this pregnancy, which seems so crazy. It totally is different when it's your second and you have an active toddler to keep you busy. The two week checks also seem to make it go by faster.

Our appointment isn't until the end of the week where we will have our big ultrasound, the anatomy scan, and they will of course check my cervix. All seems to be going well so far, but I still have this fear in the back of my mind that one of these days I am going to go in to get checked and find out my cervix is shortening. I try to reassure myself that even if it was shortening, hopefully it would shorten slower this time since I will be growing slower and the pressure on it will be less. I also remind myself that the boys were not delivered because of my continuous contractions or shortening cervix, they were delivered because of the progression of the TTTS.

It seems so strange, but Danny and I were talking about how even if the baby was delivered at 30 weeks that we would feel okay. Obviously we want much longer than that, but we will both breathe a huge sigh of relief when we pass the 25 week mark.

In other news, our baby is the size of a banana! I feel him kicking quite a bit and Danny has gotten to feel him too. I think I've gained around 10 pounds, we'll see at the next doctor's appointment. I have still been craving sweets quite a bit. I also eat a bowl of Honey Nut Cheerios at least once a day. And apple juice, I always want apple juice or apples. I have given in to maternity shirts and have discovered a love of leggings. I haven't given in to maternity pants yet but can no longer button (or zip) my regular pants so I'm using the hair tie trick.

It feels good to just write about normal things of pregnancy and feel baby boy kicking as I type, so much different than 20 weeks with the boys. We will be counting down the days until the end of the week when we get to see our boy again and hopefully have another good appointment. Baby K3 is kicking as I type, I think he's saying "Hi and thanks for cheering me on!" (I was going to take a picture but haven't gotten to it yet. I'll add it when Danny gets home.)

1 comment:

  1. Big smile on my face while reading this update! So happy for you! Your strength is amazing:) Grow baby K3:)
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete