Tuesday, January 15, 2013

18 Weeks

Well folks, here we are at 18 weeks. I am glad to say that I have been feeling somewhat calmer the last few weeks. I don't know how long it will last, but I'm trying to just enjoy it. I think my belly is starting to get a little bigger. Or at least it feels like it to me.

I have an appointment tomorrow, as I mentioned I will be going every 2 weeks for the next bit just to make sure my cervix is behaving. I think that will make the time go by quickly as I really only have to make it 2 weeks between appointments. We have been busy around here so I also haven't had much time to dwell on the "what ifs" which has been good. And of course Cohen keeps me on my toes and busy all.day.long.

I've been doing little things to get ready, but still haven't committed to doing anything major (like getting a crib etc). I recently learned to crochet so I did decide to make a baby blanket. Which is kind of a big step. I have these conflicting thoughts of allowing myself to believe we will bring home a baby and wanting to protect myself. But, I can honestly say that these last few calm weeks have been really good and I hope there are many more like this where I can truly enjoy the pregnancy.




3 comments:

  1. You give me hope for a second pregnancy. Your grace and your honesty...your friendship...it's been so wonderful to share this journey with you despite the circumstances that brought us together. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

    On that note, I nominated you for a Liebster Award! :)
    http://confessionsoftwinmomma.blogspot.com/2013/01/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to crochet - and that is beautiful work! I never tried anything more complicated than straight lines. You've inspired me. Glad you are feeling ok and yay for 18 weeks! I'm glad you will be seeing the doctor so frequently!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No way - you made that? Super impressed. Glad you are feeling calmer at 18 weeks.

    ReplyDelete