Monday, December 10, 2012

2nd Trimester

Hello second trimester! I may have spoken a little too soon about all my nausea being gone, its improved, but still present.

All week I have been thinking about how at this point in my last pregnancy, I was halfway done being pregnant. Crazy right? We knew the boys were going to come early, but we didn't expect them to come that early. Somewhere deep down we must have known because we stayed busy early on getting things ready, painting their room and we even had the cribs set up. Or maybe we were just really excited. Either way, it's hard for me not to feel like I should be getting things ready for this next baby like now. Of course this time we aren't starting from scratch so there really isn't that much to get ready. I just have this feeling like I need to get all my ducks in a row in case I have to go on bedrest or something (which I already told my doctor wasn't really going to work for me).

One thing that I struggle with is that I just don't really know what it's like to be a normal pregnant person. 40 weeks seems like a LONG time considering our pregnancy lasted barely over 6 months. Plus we were so busy with all the medical stuff and bedrest and I'm not entirely sure there was anything normal about any of that. I hardly wore maternity clothes, I only have a handful of maternity clothes.

And so, here I am at 13 weeks. I keep trying to remind myself that so many things are different this time around. There is only one baby, I'm not working full time, and hopefully I won't be the size of 40 weeks at 25 weeks. Or carrying around 3 1/2 pounds of baby by then or 2 1/2 extra liters of fluid in my belly either.

I'm much less anxious this week, so thank you to those of you who have been praying, I just feel like I should be doing something to get ready! But, hopefully we have a long, long pregnancy ahead of us. When I am 40 weeks and giant and uncomfortable, you have my permission to remind me how much I really wanted to hit that mark.

In case you missed our post about the NICU Care Package delivery, don't forget to check it out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment