Monday, November 21, 2011

Thursday Thank You's

 Ok, I missed last week for my "Thursday Thank You's" so I am making up for it now. I can't keep track of my days anyway, so I am pretending it's Thursday! This thank you is for all the wonderful people that took care of Cohen and I during our hospital stays. I had some really wonderful nurses and doctors who took care of me the 3 weeks I was there before the boys were born and obviously we had some great people who took care of Cohen for the first 4 months of his life.We appreciate all of you so much! (except for the Dr who came in to check my cervix in the middle of the night after I had taken Ambien, I did not appreciate that).

Thank you for taking such good care of me during such a hard time in my life. Thank you for bringing me heating pads for my sore back. Thank you for bringing me sleeping pills at 8:00 pm every night when I just had had enough of the day. Thank you for spending (literally) hours chasing the boys around trying to catch them on the monitors. Thank you for asking the doctors to give me a break so that I could get at least an hour of sleep. Thank you for arranging for me to sit in the jacuzzi tub when you knew I was so uncomfortable. Thank you for giving me a new name band on my birthday so that I got one that said I was 26 years old. Thank you for writing the day and time on my white board when I couldn't keep track.

Thank you for not laughing at my permanent bed head, now that I look at the pictures, those were some pretty bad hair days. Thank you for encouraging me and telling me that I was doing everything I could for my boys. Thank you for being calm when it was time to deliver the boys. Thank you for coming in during the night to do my c-section, I can't tell you how glad I was to have a familiar face that I knew and trusted! Thank you for letting me cry (and cry and cry). Thank you for letting me hold my baby as long as I wanted. Thank you for bringing him a hat to wear. Thank you for holding my hand. Thank you for letting me stay on the antepartum floor instead of moving me to the postpartum floor where mommies actually got to be with their babies.

Thank you for taking care of Cohen. Thank you for staying close by his side. Thank you for going to the doctors on his behalf. Thank you for being there for him when we couldn't. Thank you for explaining things to me over and over and over. Thank you for putting in the world's smallest catheter. Thank you for being excited when he finally peed. Thank you for showing me how to "hold" Cohen in his isolette. Thank you for teaching me how to change his teeny, tiny diapers and to work around his wires and tubes. Thank you for telling me things in a way that we could understand. Thank you for fighting for my baby. Thank you for making him signs and celebrating his milestones with me. Thank you for letting me cry. Thank you for letting me be mad. Thank you for making me grilled cheese sandwiches. Thank you for taking pictures and videos of Cohen and sending them to us the first time we ever left Seattle for a night. Thank you for not judging me when I called 50 times to check on him. Thank you for making me laugh. Thank you for entertaining me in the countless hours I spent in the NICU.

Thank you for telling me that I needed a break and reassuring me that you would take care of Cohen while I was gone. Thank you for being honest. Thank you for snuggling Cohen when we weren't there. Thank you for rocking him, singing to him, and reading him his stories. Thank you for putting on lullabies for him in his room. Thank you for taking pictures. Thank you for listening to my concerns. Thank you for checking on Cohen on your days off. Thank you for letting me show you pictures of Carter. Thank you for making dolphin noises for Cohen, even though they kind of scared him. Thank you for taking care of me as well as Cohen. Thank you for crying with me. Thank you for not letting me throw my pump out the window. Thank you for not letting me throw my pump out the window the second or third time either. Thank you for believing in Cohen. Thank you for being a part of saving his life.

1 comment:

  1. Jana, I love reading this! It tells your untold story! Love it. Amazing how you can look back and thank them all for their hard work when it was such a crazy time for you. That is amazing perspective and love from the Lord!

    ReplyDelete