Monday, November 21, 2011

Shh....Cohen's Christmas Presents

I can't believe it's almost Thanksgiving. Time has been flying by since we have been home. I think since we were gone for so long it seems like time is going even faster and this little boy is getting so big so fast.

 {We had to cut Cohen's onesie off him the other night after a large diaper explosion}

This morning I took Cohen in for his baseline chest x-ray. As we were checking in someone recognized us and came to say hi. She said she knew about Cohen because someone had been showing off pictures of him in town. Cohen is a little celebrity! Okay maybe not, we just live in a small town. We hope that as people have heard and continue to hear his story that they will also see God and how great he is. We are thankful that our story has provided us with an opportunity to share with people about all the things God has done in our lives, even in the midst of pain and sorrow.

I took Cohen back home and did some chores and put him in his crib for a little nap. Gramma came over and I snuck out of the house to go on a little lunch date with Danny in Bellingham. We were instructed to be back before midnight. Ha, yeah right, I'm tired after an hour out of the house nowadays. Cohen slept the entire time we were gone and was very well behaved for his Gramma. Thanks mom for letting us get out of the house!

 {Look who graduated from his bassinet to his pack n play}

If you still need ideas for "Stuff the Stockings" go browse the $1 section at Target. I got a few pairs of Christmas socks (they are kind of my thing) and also some small toiletry/makeup bags to put in some stockings.

Speaking of, I got 4 packages on my porch today! My mom kept texting me whenever another one would arrive. I got home and opened them right away to find some surprises for the stockings. I get so excited opening the boxes to see what is inside. I know the families are going to be really excited to get these gifts! We would like to be able to offer a gift to every family so we have officially upped our goal to 30 stockings/gift bags (in case someone doesn't celebrate Christmas). Oh, and also, if you have kids at Vossbeck, Karen has set up a box at the school for donations and is sending some flyers home with the kids so that is another way to donate.

Cohen's Christmas presents also arrived today so it was a really big day. Don't tell him what he's getting. Aren't they cute?? Now I just need to get someone to put up a shelf in Cohen's room to put his little sign on.


No comments:

Post a Comment