Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving

We had a pretty good Thanksgiving. It hit me pretty hard that we were missing a part of our family, but we had many moments of joy too.

 {All tucked in and ready to go watch Daddy play football}

The morning started off with Danny going to play in what has become the annual Thanksgiving morning football game. This year the boys played over at the high school and had quite a few people (and one very large dog). It was freezing cold out and raining, but I packed up Cohen and took him to watch his daddy play some football. He never came out of his stroller and was snuggled in quite well. He was probably the warmest out of all of us. I hadn't anticipated how cold it was going to be so I texted my sister who was on her way and she brought me gloves and coffee. Thanks Karen! Christine showed up with the boys soon after and the cousins had fun playing and running around the track while Cohen slept in his stroller.

 
 {The boys on the field}

{Joel, Josh, Danny}

{Me and my niece Michelle}

 {Jordan watching Cohen}
We came home for a little bit to shower and get dressed for the big meal. Cohen was starting to get ready for his big afternoon nap so I took him over to my parents. I figured if nothing else, he could sleep and we could visit and if he was really fussy when he woke up then we would have at least got our visiting time in while he was napping. He did take a nice long nap and when he woke up he wasn't fussy at all.

 {Even though Cohen wasn't allowed out of the room, there was no shortage of attention}

 {Gramma had her room all set up for Cohen with toys, blankies and a bed}

We put him in my mom's room with the kiddy gate up so no small people could get in. We had the hand sanitizer outside the door so anyone that went in could be sure and clean their hands. He did really well all day for being stuck in one room. He got in some good snuggle time with Karen and Christine. We let him come out for a minute during Thanksgiving dinner before we sent him back to his isolation. I don't think he really minded though.

 
 {Making myself useful and fixing the holes in Dad's socks}


While the boys were watching football the girls got to work cutting out and sewing some stockings. We got a few done and lots cut out. My niece Michelle even made one. Her first time sewing!

 {Checking on his fantasy football scores during the games}

{The crew hard at work}

After Thanksgiving dinner he got to break off his turkey bib to rock his reindeer sweater. We got him this a little while ago and I thought he would outgrow it by Christmas so he had to get his use out of it.

 {The boys playing basketball with Grampa outside in the rain}

{Carving the turkey}

 {Cooks in the kitchen}

 {Thanksgiving bottle from Auntie Karen}

 {Family}

 {After dinner reindeer sweater}

We had a good day, even though it was hard at times. I am so thankful for my family. They have done so much for us this year and we are so glad to have them.

3 comments:

  1. So glad you had a good day and that your family is so awesome. Cohen looks super cute in his reindeer sweater, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your picture of him in his reindeer sweater turned way cuter then mine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is so cute! I love the reindeer jumper and he looks so cosy all tucked up in his sheepskin going to watch the football. Even my husband (not the coo-ing type) caught Cohen's photo on my laptop out of the corner of his eye and said, "oooo, he looks sturky!"xo

    ReplyDelete