Friday, November 18, 2011

A Happy Baby

This has been a hard week for me. I have been really excited about our NICU project and about Christmas coming, but I just know this year is going to be hard. We just had our last GriefShare last night and we talked about heaven. I think that was just what I needed. As you may know from my last post I have been having a rough few days. But, I know that Carter is safe in heaven and is loving it. I just have to remind myself that God is more than capable of taking care of my son and that I'm sure heaven is decked out for Christmas :) We were also given a tear bottle with this verse attached.
"You keep track of all my sorrows; You have collected all my tears in your bottle; You have recorded each one in Your book." Psalm 56:8

Just like God cares so much about us that he knows every hair on our heads, he also cares about our grief. He knows each of my tears and he has each one recorded in his book, which is probably a fairly long book. My pain matters to God and he is my comfort.

In other news, we went in to see Cohen's pediatrician yesterday. He is now 11 lbs 10 oz and 23 inches. That is a full 10 lbs 2 oz heavier and 10 inches longer than when he was born! Amazing huh? She is really happy with how Cohen is doing, especially with his feedings and weight gain. She asked us if we wanted to know where Cohen is developmentally. We said that we would be happy with anything he was doing, but that it would be nice to know what a "normal" 2 month old would be. Cohen is now 2 months old adjusted but he is acting like a 3 month old! And she told us that he looks like he is a happy baby.Yay! It's so nice to get such an encouraging report, it makes us feel like we are taking care of Cohen well.



Right now Cohen loves to eat his hands, wave his arms around and hit his toys, and stand up when we hold him. He is making lots of fun noises and he loves to look at our faces. Once in a while he will even reach up and touch Danny or I's face and then will look at us like "What just happened?". I think he gets cuter every day and we love to see how much he is growing.

Stuff the Stockings update coming soon...

2 comments:

  1. Jana, thankyou for the picts. He is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom's little Man is so cute and beautiful too! God is good!

    ReplyDelete