Friday, February 17, 2012

Fess Up Friday

* I took Cohen in to meet my coworkers after his RSV shot a few weeks ago. I know, he isn't supposed to be out and about, but I just couldn't help it. It's so hard to be away from people all the time. Plus, they are nurses and they know not to give him their germs :) It was fun for them to finally get to see him them after 8 months.

* Danny and I had a conversation that started with "Remember when Cohen didn't have a butt?" When Cohen was born he didn't have butt cheeks. I know, it's crazy, but he literally had no fat anywhere, so now we love to talk about his little rolls and chubbiness.

* I may have overreacted about the whole appointment/sensory thing, but I just really want my baby to be okay. I know that he will be and that we will work through whatever comes our way. 

*  The other night (week? who knows) we had some friends over for dinner, which is kind of a big deal for us. We were just about to pat ourselves on the back for making dinner and having a happy baby playing in his walker. Then we turned around and noticed a puddle under Cohen. Well, that's odd. So I got him out and took him into his room to investigate. Turns out he blew out his diaper. It was so full it couldn't hold the pee. So, off to the bathtub we went. Don't worry, Cohen was out of the tub by the time the guests arrived!

* I continue to sneak into Cohen's room at night and get him out of his crib to snuggle because I just can't help myself. I don't think I will ever regret it

* I was EXHAUSTED after working my first 10 hour shift in 9ish months (since May?) I don't know how I used to do it!!

* And this isn't a confession...but how cute is this video of Cohen reallllly wanting to be able to move

8 comments:

  1. I think he is going to one active little guy :) Just wait until he can get him self going he will probably never stop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very great efforts little guy!
    <3 Auntie Christine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the vid! And I still go into Eli's room to hold him when he is sleeping...I love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. J was cheering him on throughout the whole video, "Go get it, Baby!! Try again, Baby!" He was very happy that he got the ball in the end :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh so sweet! I love how he seems to know that word "crawl" "cause every time Daddy said it, he'd really go at it with all his might.
    So wonderful his progress and we were so happy to hear he is off his oxygen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the up date. I really liked the video. He is such a cute boy. I am so thankful that you are able to enjoy him. Keep sneaking into his room at night, and rocking him. You will never regret it. (even if you do sometimes wake him up.)Agape. Bonnie VanFossen

    ReplyDelete
  7. He is doing so well with his motor skills! Great job, Cohen!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maybe he will somersault around the room instead of crawling. =)

    ReplyDelete