Monday, February 20, 2012

Break Please!

I need a little break from drama. At home. At work. In life.

I don't want to stress about whether Cohen has a sensory problem or not.

I don't want to think about people getting fired or quitting at work because of politics.

I don't want to sit by my phone and worry when I hear that there is a fire at the oil refinery my dad (and brother) works at and we haven't heard from him.

I hate driving by the cemetery and seeing them set up for a service for another family who has lost their child. And then the next day hear about another family who lost their baby. Seriously?

It just seems to come and come and come, like waves. Have you ever had one of those dreams where you are running and you keep falling and every time you get back up and take a few steps you fall again? Some days I feel like I am just trying to keep my head above water.

I just want to be. And to deal with the things I already have to deal with. But, I guess that's not the way life goes. So, we just try to carry on. I deal with what I can, and if I can't, well then I don't because my mind is already full.

2 comments:

  1. I know the feeling. I was thinking to myself a few months ago, "What is it like to give a lot of thought to what colour you should paint your walls? I want to worry about those sorts of things." Then I realised that there are seasons of my life when my worries are probably as trivial as that, but I don't recognize them. Sigh. HUGS beautiful woman.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jen, I was wondering if you were still out there :) Good to hear from you! I can't wait to worry about what color to paint the walls, haha. Someday!

    ReplyDelete