Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Whiplash & Some Serious Cuteness

Do you ever feel like you are getting whiplash reading this blog? Yeah, me too. One day happiness, the next day pain. If you haven't noticed, this journey we are on is full of opposites. Ups and down, joy and pain, fear and comfort. My brain is continually going and going. Usually it goes something like this:

I never imagined I could love someone as much as I love Cohen.
I wish I had Carter here because I know that love would just be multiplied. Having Cohen makes me realize how much I am missing with Carter.

I am so thankful for Cohen and what a miracle he is.
I am so thankful for Carter, too. 

I wish this wasn't my life, this isn't how it was supposed to be.
This is my life, I can't change what happened, what am I going to make of it?

I love it when Cohen smiles in his sleep.
I wonder if he sees Carter in his dreams.


Man, Cohen goes through a lot of formula and diapers.
Imagine what it would have been like with both boys. 

Cohen keeps me awfully busy, twins would have been hard.
But it can't be as hard as this. And I would have loved to know what it was like to be a mom to twins.


Cohen is so cute.
They would have been so cute together.

And speaking of cute...


Doesn't he look so grown up?? I can't take it!

2 comments:

  1. He looks pretty darn cute in that last pic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry you are going through this. I don't have any words of comfort because I haven't gone through what you have. I do have a friend who I met in the NICU who lost her son after a year battle in the NICU. She has a blog, www.thurstonmossholder.blogspot.com. She doesn't update very often anymore but her last post had a lot to do with how she has dealt with losing one child while trying to create a new "normal" for her older daughter.

    By the way, those pictures are too darn cute!

    ReplyDelete