Friday, January 6, 2012

Someday Heaven

On our way home from the pediatrician's office today we drove through the cemetary. As we made our way out, I saw that they were digging a new grave. It just brought back all the memories from the day of Carter's memorial. Of seeing that tiny grave for my son's tiny casket. I remember getting his casket with Danny and carrying it over to the table for the memorial. I remember lowering that little casket into the ground with Danny and thinking that it was the last time that I would see my son on this earth. I watched as Danny began putting the dirt into the grave, a dad burying his son.

I have been hearing of so much loss lately and it just breaks my heart. It has never been more clear to me that I am not made for this earth. I always thought that heaven would be a nice place to go, but now more than ever I know that it is my true home. I can't wait to get there. I can't wait to be reunited with my son who has been made whole. I can't wait for the day that I get to be made whole. The day when the pieces of my broken heart are put back together. I want to be in that place where there is no more pain, sorrow, or tears. I want to be in the presence of the One who can heal me.

"Never again will they hunger; never again will they thirst. The sun will not beat upon them, nor any scorching heat. For the Lamb at the center of the throne will be their shepherd; he will lead them to springs of living water. And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes"    Revelation 7:16-17

He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away."  He who was seated on the throne said, "I am making everything new!" Then he said, "Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true."  He said to me: "It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To him who is thirsty I will give to drink without cost from the spring of the water of life. He who overcomes will inherit all this, and I will be his god and he will be my son.   Revelation 21:4-7

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful reminder of what we are living for and what our hope is! God is using you through your loss and He will continue! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jana - I read your blog every day. Frequently I don't comment because I just don't know what to say. Thank you for sharing your heart and painting such a beautiful picture of Heaven. We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing your heart- it's such a good reminder that this is not our home and the hope that is found only in the Gospel.

    ReplyDelete