Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Snow Day #2

Well, we are pretty glad we cancelled our appointment in Seattle. We have our first northeastern in a long time. It snows, then gets really cold and the wind blows all the snow around and we get big drifts. One winter when I was younger, we had drifts so big that when the milk trucks drove down the road all we could see was the antenna! I don't think they will be quite that big this year, but we haven't had a good winter storm for a few years.

 {10*, feels like -19*}

Today is Danny's regular day off so we are glad to be snuggled safely inside the house, although it sounds like a wind tunnel in here. Our garage door doesn't hold out a lot of wind and it sounds like a haunted house. Russell kitty has been spending a lot of time inside the last few days as he doesn't appreciate the snow. I found him outside the glass door this morning...poor kitty.

 {Russell is on high alert snow patrol}

Danny has a cold so we are trying to keep him away from Cohen as much as possible and I have been following him around with Lysol wipes. Say a little prayer for us that the rest of us don't get it!

 {Cohen watching Dad make breakfast}



I think the wind has picked up since I took this video, but this is our backyard. Kind of boring since I couldn't get anybody to go stand out there, but it's good to remember. (Not sure why it's sideways)


*I entered Cohen in a baby photo contest and voting starts TOMORROW so check back for the link so you can go vote :) *

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad to see that Cohen has food available nearby just in case he gets the munchies. Maybe you should put down a little Kinder Latte too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This makes me cold just watching it. I live in Texas, and the high today is 74.

    Cohen is so adorable watching his daddy make breakfast. Praying you don't all get sick.

    ReplyDelete