Tuesday, November 26, 2013

My 3 Boys

Carter has been finding me in his own little ways lately. I think he knows how hard this holiday season can be on his mom and how much I miss him.

Today at work I was prepping a patient for a procedure. I could tell she was nervous so I was making small talk with her. She asked me if I had any kids and I told her I had a 2 year old and a 5 month old. I've talked before about my thoughts on when and where I share our story. Generally, work is not a place where I discuss the details of my life, unless I feel it's a situation that could help someone else. I need to be able to be a professional at work and sobbing over someone's IV isn't generally ideal.

Anyway, I told her Cohen and Ezra's ages and she said "Oh you have twins?". I again repeated that I had a 2 year old and a 5 month old and then she said "So you have three kids?". So then I told her that I did in fact have three boys, that one lived in heaven and the other two were busy little boys that kept us very busy.

I just thought it was odd that twice I only told her about two of my boys and she first asked if I had twins and then asked if I had three children. It's like she just knew somehow. It made my heart happy to tell someone about all three of my boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment