Monday, September 16, 2013

Toddler Pinterest Fails

We all know about pinterest right? I look at it all the time and pin many fabulous and wonderful ideas that I can't wait to try. The kids in the pictures look so happy and content and their parents claim they've been busy for hours!

So I get inspired, gather things around the house to try out these no-fail ideas that are guaranteeing me time to sit in peace.

But....

....my toddler apparently hates pinterest. He thinks pinterest and it's ideas are ridiculous. I have not been successful at finding one activity that he will do. There is no quiet sitting and focused concentration. Not even a little bit. Not with the fridge magnets, the paint in the ziploc bag, the pipe cleaners and the colander, the fabric strips in the empty wipes container. None of it.

We are a couple of big giant pinterest fails around here. I'm going to make a new website and call it dirt-pinterest. Because that's really the only thing that keeps Cohen busy for more than 2.5 seconds. Until I get that site up and running I will continue to pin all the wonderful looking activities that I wish Cohen cared about and continue to let him do what he actually wants to do -- play in the dirt. I guess it's cheaper anyway.




2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I love this post so much. Such truth right here!

    Also, I'd love to use it as a "contributing post" to the MOPS blog I'm helping to create for my group. Would you be interested in letting us use it? We'll like back to your blog and give you credit. Let me know. gemmerdl@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete