Thursday, April 18, 2013

A Teeny Tears Party for Carter

With the boys' second birthday coming up, we wanted to do something to honor and remember Carter. And what better way than a diaper party!?

I talk about Teeny Tears frequently because it really has been a huge part of my healing. In review, I love Teeny Tears because:

- The people behind it are truly awesome and put so much time and effort into making Teeny Tears a well oiled machine and supporting all the volunteers.
- Making tiny diapers allows me time to think about Carter and to do something positive with my grief
- It allows me to involve others in my grief process, and making diapers is actually very fun and rewarding
- I love the idea that I can do something as teeny, tiny as a little diaper to provide a little bit of comfort to parents during an incredibly different time. Some parents have nothing the right size to put on their little ones and these diapers are just perfect.
- My hope is also that with each little diaper tells parents that their babies are valued and that their presence on this earth is important no matter how long or short of a time they are here.
- And, let's be honest, they are adorable

Teeny Tears as a whole has donated over 32,000 diapers in nearly all 50 states. There are bereaved parents, grandparents, siblings, aunties, people who haven't experienced loss but still want to help out and even a few men pitching in to help diaper the little baby bottoms of the US. It is truly amazing and I am so blessed to be a part of it.


So, for Carter's birthday, we will be having a diaper party here at our local church. We hope to get lots of diapers made so we can continue to send out diapers. So far our little group here in the NW has made and donated over 5000 diapers that have been sent to over 60 different hospitals and organizations.

And guess what, you get to be a part of it! If you are a baby loss parent, we would love to honor your babies as well. I think Carter would love to have his angel friends be a part of his birthday party. Every set of diapers is donated with an "In memory of" card that goes with the diapers that are given to the parents. If you have lost a child, we would love to donate diapers in memory of your little one. If you would like diapers donated in memory of your baby, please email jana.teenytears@gmail.com.


I will be making the cards between now and the diaper party on May 4. When the diapers are made and mailed out I will definitely send you pictures (or they will be posted on the blog) so you can see them. I think it would be really neat to see Carter and all of his "friends" being sent out to help others. I know we have already donated diapers in some of your angel's names, but if you would like to be a part of this, let me know, we are more than happy to send out more!

No comments:

Post a Comment