Monday, June 24, 2013

Adjusting to Life as 4

This is all so very strange. We had a baby, and then we brought him home. I haven't had to worry about his feeding tube or whether his oxygen is still hooked up.

I can just sit here and look at my baby. And hold him when I want. And I get to stay with him at night instead of leaving. His cousins can come see him and hold him. So very strange. And completely wonderful.

I'm still working on writing down his birth story. We got a little taste of literally everything that could happen during labor, it seems. But the ending was what we wanted -- a healthy baby. And we got that and we couldn't be happier.

For now we are enjoying our destroyed house, our snuggly baby, and our rambunctious 2 year old who suddenly now seems so old but still as cute as ever. Cohen is adjusting. He got up and scowled that there was someone in his swing, but soon he was putting cars on the tray for Ezra. He has been a little bit more crazy lately, but I think he's just recovering from us being gone and now to having a little baby in his space and we already see that he is going to be a wonderful big brother.





{Sharing cars|


2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. Ezra is sooo adorable. Keep the pictures coming. Also, when I saw the picture of Cohen sharing his cars with the baby it made me get even more excited for my baby boy to get here. I can't wait to see the bond that develops between brothers! Hope you are all doing well!

    ReplyDelete