Tuesday, August 16, 2011

How Are You?

I get asked this question all the time. It's a normal question, but I never know quite how to answer. Mostly because sometimes I don't even know I'm feeling. Or I feel so many things that I can't narrow it down to just one emotion. Or it changes from minute to minute. So, at any given time I feel one or more of the following: tired. Sad. Happy. Frustrated. Angry. In love. Numb. Worn out. Hopeful. Heartbroken. Worried. Anxious. Joyful. Loved. Devastated. Supported. Confused. Overwhelmed. Grateful. Thankful.

I have said this before but it is just such a difficult place to be in to be grieving a son and celebrating another. When I was in highschool I broke my arm and had to wear a cast from my upper arm to my wrist for awhile. After the cast came off, I was worried about doing anything with it because I was afraid that it would be weak and that I might break it again. The doctor explained to me that after a bone breaks and heals it is actually stronger than before because it has to build new bone to heal around the old. I am hoping and praying that our situation will be similar. That as we pick up the pieces of our broken hearts we will become a new family. Stronger because we have been broken. We have been told by several people that losing a child or having a critically ill child can cause stress on marriages and families. We are praying that God will be our strength and continue to bring us together through these experiences. Thank you for your continued prayers for our family!



2 comments:

  1. I just love you all so much!
    <3 Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a way to start out a young marriage. If you can make it through this, you should be able to make it through anything, and with God's help always. Bless you guys! Hang in!
    Love, Kathy

    ReplyDelete