Sunday, June 8, 2014

Farmer's Day Parade

Our little town has a parade each June. We took Cohen last year and he did okay, but was very clingy because of all the noise and hubbub. I was a little nervous about how he would do this year, but we armed ourselves with noise cancelling headphones, snacks for distraction, and the knowledge that we may just need to pack up and go home if it didn't go well.

We arrived early to get our spot and the sidewalks were already packed. We found a spot next to one of Cohen's little friends, which I think was a bonus. They were pretty cute and fed off each other's excitement.


  I had to take Cohen to go potty before the parade started, he was super excited and running around and took a pretty good spill. We had no bandaids, but luckily the parade started soon after and distracted him. I'm glad he's gaining more confidence in his physical abilities, but the little fellow is still a little clumsy on his feet, I see lots of bandaids in our future!







Anyway, Cohen loved the parade. It was over an hour and a half long and he sat glued to his chair waiting for what was coming next. In fact, I don't think I've ever seen him sit still that long! He was naming off all the trucks and pieces of farm equipment and even learned about a few new machines on wheels. I loved watching Cohen during the parade and I'll probably go look up all the parades around here for the rest of the summer because I have never seen him that focused and just able to calmly enjoy something like that.


No comments:

Post a Comment