Saturday, April 19, 2014

Easter is Coming!

Over the last few years, Easter has taken on a new meaning for me. My faith has been challenged and strengthened in so many ways. In the midst of crisis, when you have nowhere else to go, you are faced head on with deciding whether the things you have said you believe really are true, or they're not. Life is hard and unfair but it doesn't change who God is. Either God is sovereign and in control or He's not. I don't have the answers for why things happen the way they do and I probably won't until I get to heaven (although I'm not sure it will matter then).

Easter has, in the past, been a time when we celebrate spring! And baby chicks! And life! And Jesus going to ascending to heaven! But it started with death. A death that wasn't deserved. This death makes a difference for me in my life. Because of what Jesus did on the cross that day, dying a sinner's death and being raised from the dead, I am free. I'm not perfect, most of the time I'm not even good enough. It doesn't matter because the blood of Jesus covers a multitude of sins. My sins. And? That means that I get to go to heaven and spend an endless amount of days in His presence. And in the presence of those who have gone before me and will go after me. I will get to meet my creator, my hope, and the one who has received, and held in his arms, my baby until I can see him again.

In the midst of your Easter egg hunts, family time, and sugar highs, I hope you think about what He has done for you.

I can't wait for heaven. Can't wait. 

Bless the Lord, O my soul
O my soulWorship His holy nameSing like never beforeO my soulI'll worship Your holy name
And on that day when my strength is failingThe end draws near and my time has comeStill my soul will sing Your praise unendingTen thousand years and then forevermore
(Matt Redman - 10,000 Reasons)




But I hold on to this hope and the promise that He brings
That there will be a place with no more suffering
There will be a day with no more tears
No more pain, and no more fears
There will be a day when the burdens of this place
Will be no more, we'll see Jesus face to face
But until that day, we'll hold onto you always.

(Jeremy Camp - There Will be a Day)


  1. My sin, oh, the bliss of this glorious thought!
    My sin, not in part but the whole,
    Is nailed to the cross, and I bear it no more,
    Praise the Lord, praise the Lord, O my soul!
  2. And Lord, haste the day when the faith shall be sight,
  3. The clouds be rolled back as a scroll;
    The trump shall resound, and the Lord shall descend,
    Even so, it is well with my soul.
  4. (It is Well)

No comments:

Post a Comment