Monday, February 10, 2014

Oh, Life.

"I prayed that God would bless us"

This is what Danny told me as we laid in bed after a long day involving a car accident. All I could do was laugh. We've been dealing with a few challenges over here, just life stuff, but we were just hoping we could catch a break. Maybe someone would drop a million dollars on our doorstep or we'd win a free vacation.

Well, that didn't happen, but I was involved in an accident on the way home. I am thanking God that the boys weren't in the car and that no one was hurt. But dealing with insurance, being sore, replacing carseats, and most likely replacing a car weren't really on my list of things I wanted to do. But, as we know well, that's just not the way life goes.

I'll admit I've been a little cranky about the whole thing. I'm trying to remind myself to find the good...the boys weren't in the car. Ezra needed a new carseat anyway. Now I can have a massage? Now I don't have to clean the goldfish crackers out of the car?

I also know that God works in mysterious ways. I know that my plans are generally not his and that he can work things like this for good. Part of me says, grumblegrumblegrumble. This is the last thing we needed. The other part says, Okay God, I'm listening, what now? I know from experience that these sorts of things can end up being a blessing in disguise. I'm not the most patient person, but I'm trying to see the purpose behind this or the positive that can hopefully come out of it.

As we also know, the little things like this don't matter. A hassle? Abso.lutely. The end of the world? No. Now maybe I can get that minivan I've always dreamed of, right?


No comments:

Post a Comment