Monday, January 6, 2014

Goals for 2014

I'm not really one for resolutions, but there are some things I want to make a point of working on this year. Some are things I want to get done and some will be an ongoing process.

Make more time. This is kind of a multi-layer one.

Layer one: waste less time. Generally, at the end of the day after the boys are in bed, I plop down on the couch and before I know it an hour or two has passed and I haven't done anything except browse Facebook or watch 2 episodes of Hoarders. By then it's late and I usually still have dishes, laundry, and cleaning to do. I end up wasting my time and then I don't have time to do things that I actually want to do.

Layer two: Get organized. This will involve getting more organized, finding better ways to stay on top of cleaning during the day if possible. That way I can use my time doing things I want to do for me and also be less stressed and enjoy my time with my family.

Layer three: Let it go. Once I've done my best to do what I can, to let it go even if it's not perfect.

Make a t-shirt rug. We need a new rug for the living room but don't have the funds right now. Plus, I love a good project and love the way the look. Find a finished picture here, basically, chop up a bunch of shirts, make yarn, and braid it together and make a rug! I'll let you know how it goes.

Make better eating choices. When I was pregnant with Ez I craved sweet things all the time. I have always liked sweets, but that was too much. I've had a hard time resisting it since then and am working to replace the goodies with fruit and other things that are better for me.

A capsule wardrobe. I've been doing a fair amount of reading about this and I like the idea. I hate going into my closet and not having anything that matches or things that can only be worn for certain things. The idea behind a capsule wardrobe is having a smaller set of quality clothes that can be mixed and matched and mostly worn all together. And maybe wear less sweatpants. Maybe.

Get out more. I have actually started this one already and it's been fun! I've met up with people who have similar interests and it's been awesome to get out, have grown up time with other moms, and have playdates for the kids. There is lots to do and explore in our little neck of the woods and I'm excited to get out and do more as a family.

Go on a family vacation. We usually camp during the summer, even last year with a 2 month old and a 2 year old! The plan is to attempt a trip to the Oregon coast this summer.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome Goals! Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh. my. alley! i totally wish i were still living in washington.... i would LOVE to go shopping with you to help you (bargain) shop for quality basics! my wardrobe is significantly larger than "basic" but if i had to strip down my wardrobe, a lot of the "fluff" would get removed and we'd be back at the basics anyway!! :)

    and i can relate to the eating choices. i've been good about the gym this week, but NOT good about my eating choices. ugh. i like sweets too much, too. sigh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish you were here! I desperately need help shopping, totally not my thing :)

      Delete